Friday, August 10, 2012

Welcome!

Thanks for visiting me.  I'm so excited about starting my first blog!  After 15 years of teaching, monotony can often set in and it makes returning to work a little difficult.  I like to fight that  feeling by adding something new to my repertoire.  Thankfully, my sister turned me on to Pinterest.  I absolutely love it!  I've gotten so many wonderful ideas for everything from fashion to cooking.  Lately, I've been looking for ideas for my math learning centers.  I came across one particular pin called "BUILDing the math workshop".  It took each letter in the word build to represent a station.  B= Buddy Games, U=Using Manipulatives, I=Independent Reading/Working, L=Learning About Numbers, and D=Doing Math.  It was similar in thought to the Daily 5 CAFE for reading group activities.  I'm modifying the concept somewhat for my students.  I'm going to test drive it for a couple weeks and then I look forward to posting my results.

Here's to the start of a wonderful school year! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment